Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homemade laundry detergent.

We have been making our own laundry detergent for a few years now, and I have a lot of people ask me how I make it.  It is really very easy to make, it saves money, it works better, and it is good for the environment also.  So here is the secret formula to making homemade laundry detergent.  I always make the powdered kind, and I never make the liquid kind.  TOOOO messy!
I really believe this is the best laundry soap ever created!

You have to grate the soap.  You will need one cup after you have grated it.

Borax is also one of my "can't live without it."  Add one cup.

People often confuse this with baking soda but they are not the same things.  Same company but this is called super washing soda.  Add one cup.

Here is baking soda.  You need one cup of this too.

This is what it looks like when you are done and everything is mixed together.
I only use 1/4 of a cup per load.  If something is really dirty like when my kids have been down seeing their horse and I cannot tell if they have mud or manure on them, I will add a little more and let it soak for a bit but usually 1/4 of a cup is all you need.

There are plenty of recipes for homemade laundry detergent out there but this is the one I like the best.  My husband was a "Tide" only man but not anymore especially since this is cheaper, works better, and last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.