Monday, May 7, 2012

Where in the world is Latvia?

 This is a good question because I sadly have never heard of Latvia before.

I am a small time blogger, and I really started this blog to keep a homeschool portfolio of sorts.  I thought it would make a good record.  I have noticed that I now have a lot more readers and some how, I have 4 people in Latvia who read my blog weekly.

I have no idea why anyone would really want to read the stuff I blabber on about but I thought I would find out a little bit about my Latvian readers.

Image from the web


Latvia is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe.  The history of Latvia dates back to 3000 BC and goes through Medieval period, Restoration period, The Russian Empire, and through WWII, and still going strong today.  Latvia has a long history, and I am glad that I took the time to read about it.



 I added a picture of the national bird of Latvia for my bird loving A11.  This is a White Wagtail or if you speak Latvian it is baltā cielava.

Image from Wiki
  Here is the Wiki page for Latvia if you want to learn more. 

Uz redzēšanos!  This means see you later in Latvian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.