Thursday, July 26, 2012

Homeschool conventions

Finally, the biggest homeschool convention in the south is coming to town.    As odd as this may sound, it is like Christmas to homeschooling moms.  If you are a homeschooling mom, you understand this completely.  That new curriculum smell fills the air all around you.  Not to mention all the nice people that are there, the vendors, the college recruiters, and the representatives from the local professional sports teams (The Atlanta Braves Baseball team for example), they are all there for you and your children to talk to and get free stuff and great deals.  There are many representatives for  Georgia's largest attractions there also with coupons and deals that are hard to pass up.  The zoo, Stone Mountain, the Aquarium, Coke museum, and so on.  I could literally stay there all day for the 3 days they are here.  I guess for many of us, it is the start of a brand new year and reminds us how lucky we are to be able to homeschool our kids and try to give them the best foundation possible.  I am off to finish planning my strategy on how I am going to maneuver through all the vendors and make the most of it since it only comes once a year.

Happy homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.