Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seriously delicious black bean soup

I love soup, and this is one of the easiest and tastiest soups I have ever had.  Simple to make and very filling.  This is a blend of several other recipes that I have tried.  The other recipes were good but I found components from each that I really liked and combined them into this new improved recipe.

Ingredients:
4 cans black beans
2 c V8 juice
2 cans veggie broth
salt/pepper

First rinse and drain 2 cans of black beans.  Add them to your blender, then add one cup V8 and one can veggie broth.  Blend or puree but you can leave it a little chunky.  In your pot add the other 2 cans of black beans (rinse and drain), the other cup of V8, and the other can of veggie broth.  You can also add salt/pepper now if you are using.  After that, pour the mixture from your blender into the pot and stir.  Let this simmer for +/-20 minutes. Done!

We topped this with sour cream, cheddar cheese, salsa, and avocado.  You can serve this with chips or on top of rice.  You could also saute onions, celery, and carrots to add to the cooking soup if you like. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.