Saturday, October 27, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I love Halloween!  It is really one of my favorite holidays.  Not because of anything evil, just because it is fun seeing all the costumes and decorations, and I love to sneak candy out of my kids' Halloween bags (like you have never done that).

Our neighborhood thought that it would be nice to trick-or-treat tonight (Saturday) instead of Wednesday, and it turned out to be a great idea because most everyone participated so it was a good opportunity to socialize a little.  Plus there was a lot of candy!

We also had friends over which made it even more fun (more candy too)!  They may be going home missing a few pieces of candy but do not tell them I ate it while they were sleeping.

As soon as it was dark, kids started running around outside, racing door to door and waiting expectantly for their treats.  And, of course, as soon as they got their candy, they took off like they had seen a ghost to the next house.

After giving out a little candy, I headed out with an Eskimo Princess, 2 crayons, and Katniss Everdeen.  It was so much fun!  They ran house to house collecting candy and laughing.  What fun to be kids on a quest for candy.  I hope they go to bed soon.  There is a Reese's peanut butter cup calling me right now. Shhhhh!!!!

We will be heading out again on Wednesday to score more candy and go to trunk or treat at church.

You can find a few awesome Halloween ideas on my Pinterest page.



Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.