Thursday, September 24, 2015

What a homeschool mom eats and cooks.

I love being a contributor to the Pinterest group board, What a homeschool mom eats and cooks!  Check it out here.  You will find all sorts of yummy ideas there so please check it out.  My latest find simply must be shared!

This Italian-style coleslaw recipe that I found and is to die for!  The best part is NO MAYONNAISE!  GAG!!!  Mayonnaise is one of the grossest things I have ever come across, sorry, I just cannot do mayonnaise.  It is just so filthy.  Okay, over it!

If you have ever eaten at Zoe's Kitchen and ordered this, you will love how easy it is to make at home.  I love Zoe's Kitchen and could eat there every day!  No lie!  I also love their mayonnaise-free potato salad. Yum, yum!

I took the recipe and the picture from The Sugar Free Mom.  Please check out her other awesome foods, here is the link.
Ingredients
  • 10 cups shredded cabbage, core and outer leaves removed
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • Optional: 1/2 lemon

Instructions
  1. Place the shredded cabbage into a large bowl.
  2. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together.
  3. Pour dressing over the cabbage and stir until all combined.
  4. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
  5. Refrigerate until chilled.
When ready to serve squeeze the lemon juice over the top and toss once more before serving.
Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.