Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Looks like the right time of year to give this a try.

I love the taste of cookie dough but since the majority of cookie dough has raw eggs in it, I would never eat it!  So gross plus you could become very ill so when I find a raw cookie dough without eggs in it, I do a happy dance and give it a try.  I just happened to find this on Pinterest and thought, why not?
I found this at The Big Man's World blog.  Make sure to check out the other goodies there.  I will report back on this after we give it a try.

Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  2. 1/2 cup protein powder of choice (I tried a brown rice blend, casein brand and paleo brand)
  3. 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (can substitute for coconut flour or almond flour for paleo version)*
  4. 1 T + granulated sweetener of choice (optional)**
  5. 2 T nut butter of choice (I used cashew)
  6. 1 T pure maple syrup
  7. 1 T + dairy free milk of choice
  8. Dairy free chocolate chips or other add-ins of choice (optional)
Instructions
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, protein powder, flour of choice and sweetener and mix very well.
  2. In a small microwave-safe dish or stovetop, melt the nut butter with the maple syrup and add to the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
  3. Using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk of choice until desired consistency is reached.
Notes
  1. * Depending on which flour you use, you may not need the dairy free milk
  2. ** I used sweetened protein powder so omitted. Adjust accordingly
  3. The longer it sits in the fridge, the thicker it becomes. I love prepping it the night before purely for this reason- I find I don't even need the extra dairy free milk.
  4. This can be frozen and thawed before consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.