Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Homeschool consulting.....lets give it a try!

As a newly single parent with two kids to support, I find myself trying to come up with various ways to make money and stay as flexible as possible so I can actually be a parent and available for my kids.
Someone a few weeks ago said that I really need to be a homeschooling consultant and thinking about it now, it just makes sense, right?  Why not me?

If you are a long-time reader of this blog you will see countless blogposts about how to homeschool, countless unit studies I have written myself, curriculum reviews, and school-related blogposts outlining experiments and great detail regarding the topics of study.

I already answer a lot a ton of homeschooling questions anyway, I give advice regarding homeschooling from my perspective when asked to, and I am half way through my 11th year of being a homeschooling parent from the beginning and while I really love talking to people and answering emails/twitter posts/texts/or blog comments, it is time consuming and like I said I am supporting two kids.
I am quite confident that I qualify for the job.  Just having made it this far alive and intact is proof of that.

My other qualifications besides being a veteran homeschool parent of 11-1/2 years include teaching in co-op for years and years, as well as doing admin work for co-op.  I am a professional proofreader and editor thanks to my medical transcription training and job.  

I have been there/done that when it comes to homeschooling.  I have used almost every curriculum there is.  I have written my own unit studies for co-op and my own homeschool. I have homeschooled on a budget and not on a budget.  I have homeschooled during sickness, during divorce, during complete uncertainty of what tomorrow might bring, through moving into a new place, and both my girls have made it to high school with +90% on all of their "standardized tests."  (Side note, I am not a fan of standardized testing as I have said many times.  I just do it because the law in GA requires it.)

I am also affiliated with some of the top names in homeschooling (see the sidebar on the left).

I have a very eclectic-style of homeschooling methods which include unit studies, project-based learning, nature studies, living math, Charlotte Mason, and gifted homeschooling.

If you are new to homeschooling, stuck in a rut, or just want to bounce ideas off of someone, please contact me through any of my social media outlets or via email.  You can also leave me a comment on this blogpost.  Let me know the best time to contact you and how.

As always, happy homeschooling............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.