Friday, March 4, 2016

Apartment life is a dream come true!

As most of you already know, the girls and I just recently moved from a house we lived in for over 11 years to an apartment.  I will be the first to admit that even though the apartment complex we moved to is amazing, I was a little scared, at first, but not any more.  I worried the girls would not like living in an apartment since they have only ever lived in a house and how am I going to pay for everything, etc....probably all the normal fears that single moms have when they are raising their kids alone 97.5% of the time but really what is not to love?  We have a pool, a playground, a dog park, an exercise room, a media center, 24 hours a day maintenance service, a meeting center/events center, 24 hours a day security on the property, a big gate to keep out the riffraff, a 3 bedroom apartment (1419 square feet with is only roughly 500 square feet smaller than the house), and they will even do your laundry for you, what?  I know!  What a dream come true!

We have only met a few of the neighbors in our building so far and a few from just around outside while the girls glide all over the parking lot, and they all seem fantastic!  We also discovered we have TWD fans living in our building, and they already invited us for a TWD party.  There is an extremely nice single dad with a daughter, two families with lots of kids, a really cool, outgoing guy with a very shy wife that does not go out a lot, and a few 20-something roommates that slip in and out without anyone noticing.

There are a few interesting dogs breeds around here too.  We saw a young guy walking two beautiful dogs so I asked him what they were since I had never seen a dog like that before.  They are Leopard dogs, aka leopard hounds, aka Catahoula hog dog, aka Catahoula Cur.  This is the state dog of Louisana.  I learn something new every day.

It is also a lot quieter than I thought it would be.  I worry because one of my girls is very loud and likes to jump around nonstop until she passes out, and I too am also very loud!!  No one seems to hear us or they are being really nice but at the same time, I have never heard anyone making noise of any kind in the apartments adjacent to ours, and I was told they are well-insulated.  Lucky for my neighbors!

Another benefit is that since we are so high up, the noise we make is headed that way too.  It is also great exercise since we are running up and down a total of 36 stairs every time we come and go.  We are on the go all the time so we might not even use the exercise room.

The best part of all of this is that my girls are happy!  I am happy, and I would not trade it for anything in the world.  They are getting to see firsthand what to do when the going gets tough.  You get knocked down but you get back up.  They see me working like crazy and doing a million other things without blinking an eye.  That is good for them to see that a mom can do anything and everything and since they are totally worth it, I don't mind at all.  A parent has to take care of their children no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.