Thursday, June 2, 2016

Salsa verde, yes please.............

I think I am obsessed with salsa Verde!

I am going to make my own using this quick, simple recipe I found at Chef Savvy.  Click here for the recipe you see below and here for the home page for Chef Savvy.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1½ pounds tomatillos, husks removed
  • 1 jalapeno
  • ¼ of a medium onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • ½ cup cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add olive oil, tomatillos, jalapeno and onion to a large skillet. Saute on high heat until caramelized on both sides, about 3-4 minutes.
  2. Transfer to a blender or food processor and add in garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Blend until combined. (You may have to do this in two batches).
  3. Place in the refrigerator to chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.