She came across this recipe and tonight we are giving it a try.
Find this recipe and more at Gimme Delicious Food blog spot here.
I will report back with the verdict.
Avocado Sauce Pasta
For every 2 cup of uncooked pasta you will need 1 avocado and it will serve 2 people. Divide or double the recipe as needed.
- 2 cup uncooked dry pasta, any type
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves or/and cilantro or parsley
(I used basil and cilantro and it was amazing!)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the avocado, olive oil,
parmesan cheese, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice in a blender or
food processor and blend well. You can leave it chunky or process it
until it's creamy.
- Toss the pasta with the avocado sauce. Season with salt
and pepper to taste and top with parmesan or romano cheese,
if desired. Enjoy!