C17 found this recipe over at Well Plated by Erin. I will update after we give it a try.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
A gloriously rich chocolate dessert that's actually good for you! Vegan and gluten free, this easy avocado chocolate mousse comes together in minutes.
- 2 large, ripe avocados (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips (at least 60% dark), about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: 1-3 teaspoons light agave nectar or maple syrup (OK to substitute pure maple syrup, though the flavor will change somewhat)
- For serving: fresh raspberries, sliced strawberries, whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream to keep vegan), chocolate shavings
- Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring between each and watching carefully so that the chocolate does not burn. When the chocolate is almost completely melted, remove it from the microwave and stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop them into a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, Almond milk Cashew milk blend, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. Taste and add a few teaspoons of agave if additional sweetness is desired. Spoon into glasses. Enjoy immediate as a pudding, or for a thicker, mousse-like consistency, refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours or overnight. Serve topped with raspberries, cream, and chocolate shavings.