Thursday, January 12, 2017

Why I NEVER eat or drink after anyone.....

Its just plain gross plus you are putting yourself and others at risks for several transmittable diseases and illness.

Strep throat a.k.a. Streptococcus pyogenes:  Strep throat sucks! Strep is easily spread and affects your throat and respiratory system.  In case you did not know, if strep is left untreated, you can develop kidney inflammation and rheumatic fever.

Common cold:  Did you know there are more than 100 different viruses that can cause a cold?  The most common type is rhinovirus which is incredibly contagious.  This is transmittable by sharing drinks and utensils.

Herpes Simplex Virus:  Two types, Type I and Type II, duh!  Type I is the type that causes cold sores around your mouth.  Type I can also be a trigger for Type II.  Type I is spread through SALIVA or sores on the skin.

Type II is the type that forms sores on your rectum or genitals.  Type II is spread by sharing utensils and drinks and oh my gawd worst of all toothbrushes.  Gagging right now!

You might think sharing food and drinks with your kids, family, and friends is cute and not a big deal but I beg to differ.  If you must share, get your own utensils, your own glass, and your own plate.  Your health and theirs depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.