Thursday, April 12, 2012

Friday the 13th

clipart from the web
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th.  Are you scared?  Nervous?  Do you get the heebie-jeebies?  If you answered yes, you may have friggatriskaidkaphobia?

Frigga is the name of the Norse goddess Friday and triskaidekaphobia means fear of the number 13.  

I find it fascinating that over 21 million people have a problem with Friday the 13th.  Afraid to leave their homes, afraid to get out of bed, afraid to travel, avoiding business deals, having feelings of bad luck, and trying to protect themselves.  But why?

I do not have friggatriskaidekaphobia, and I do not think I know anyone who does so it is hard for me to understand this irrational fear of Friday the 13th but I would love to hear from anyone who has this problem.  I do not consider myself a superstitions person but this really does intrigue me. 

clipart from the web
Tomorrow, I think I will walk under a ladder, break a mirror, or look for a black cat just to see what happens.  Wish me luck!

Wikipedia link

Another blog post about Friday the 13th by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.