Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

I cannot remember one time that I have braved the crowds to go shopping at 5 a.m. on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I really do not understand why anyone would do that.  The holiday of Thanksgiving has been turned into a day where people eat way too much and plot strategies on how to shop for Christmas.  I just do not agree with that.  People get hurt, the lines are ten times longer, people argue over crap that is on sale that no one really needs, and stores usually have to have extra security on hand.  Then when black Friday is over, the griping starts about how long so and so stood in line to get this and that for blah, blah, blah! What happened to just enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday leftovers relaxing with your family at home?  I see this year stores are opening at various hours on Thanksgiving day.  I guess that means everyone needs to eat faster on Thanksgiving and head out.  I think we are losing sight of what really matters in life.  It is not about how many presents someone gives you or how much money they spend on you, nothing can replace spending time with your family.  With all the bad things that are happening in this world today, that should be everyone's number one priority.  Just my two cents.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.