Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday, how do you do it?

I am frequently asked how I make it day-to-day but especially on Mondays.  Honestly, I don't know.  I just do what I have to because my kids depend on me 100%!  I don't have an option, I have to get everything done.

So Monday starts out with me typing as much of my medical transcription as I can before 11 a.m.

I have teenagers so they get to sleep in until around 10ish especially on Mondays since I have so much to do.  They eat breakfast and get ready.  They have to take care of the massive amount of pets we have before we head out for the day as well.

If we are lucky, they can do a little bit of their homeschooling done before we leave but usually, it is not too much.  The Monday classes count as their school for the day anyway so it is not that big of a deal.

If things are running smoothly, I try to squeeze in more transcription.  I also have to have all of my Monday class supplies and activities ready to go which I usually do the day before.

There is also more eating in here somewhere but we usually just wing it at this point.

Then we head out to Monday classes.  When we show up, we usually get side-tracked talking or whatever.  I have to make copies before my classes so I can't talk too long.

Then it is class, class, class, and then head home which we usually have at least one friend come home with us or a few show up later to hang out which is always fun!

I, of course, have to feed them again.  I go back to typing my transcription, cleaning up, and doing all of the other stuff I need to do because I am a full-time, single momma so it all falls on me.

 They hang out.  I hurry to get everything done so we can call it a day and watch tv together for family time and relax from the long day.

Did I mention it is 9 p.m. at this point?

After that, I go back to transcription, if there is any left to do, make sure everything else that needed to be done is done, and then try to go to sleep which for me is around three hours later.

This is a lot to accomplish in one day but it gets done because it has to!!

And that is how you get Monday done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.