Saturday, April 29, 2017

All things Michael Jackson.......

If you have been here before, you know I am a huge MJ fan. Always have been always will be so when my kiddos were asking me if I had heard Little Susie, I had to think about it and realized that I did not know much about this song even though I own every album MJ has every done, including the one this song is on.  HIStory: Past, Present, and Future, Book I.

Who was Little Susie?  Michael is possibly the only one who knew the truth.  There are a few theories which vary greatly from each other.  The theory that seems to be the most believed is that Little Susie was Susan Condry, a girl who actually died in 1972 from being pushed down stairs.  With her father locked up in a mental institution, her mother dying from a drug overdose, and her big sister, Anna, being run over by a car, Little Susie was all alone.  She was ultimately placed with her abusive grandfather who later abandoned her as well.  Her grandfather eventually returned and found her body.  He called the police who found this little child at the bottom of the stairs with a crushed skull and a music box by her side.

Another theory is that Ted Bundy killed her.  Some speculate this song is about the Holocaust, a poem by Thomas Hood called Bridge of Sighs, and the final theory I came up with is the song was inspired by Gottfried Helnwein's artwork who was apparently obsessed with creating art with emotional imagery of children.  Michael Jackson used Gottfried Helnwein's painting Child of Light to depict the song on HIStory: Past, Present, and Future Book I booklet.  It is said that Michael starting writing the song in 1979 and was finally released in 1995.  This is a mystery that will continue to remain a mystery.  It is a very beautiful song, its sad, a little bone-chilling, and a tad on the scary side honestly.  If you have not heard it, check it out here on Youtube.  The short films that Michael is known for is stunning and breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. Sad song.I feel bad for Susan. Her life was torn. Mother dead from drugs, sister run over and dad. Wish that never happened

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.