Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ancient Egypt

This week we are working on Ancient Egypt.  We are using Evan-Moor Ancient Egypt pocket for this study.  I have carefully selected the topics so that we can make the most of this study.

 I decided to start off with Hieroglyphics.

This is from the Egypt pocket. 


 I found this potato hieroglyphic stamp idea on Jimmie's Collage and we gave it a try.  It was a little harder than we thought it would be but a lot of fun.

This is a picture of the slaughter of our potatoes.

I also used some of these premade cartouche forms  from Jimmie's Collage.  

Here are a few of the finished lessons that we have done so far.  We did the cartouche as described above, we used the Evan-Moor pocket and did reverse dictionary in which the kiddos had to use the hieroglyphic chart to solve the answer to a few questions, and we finished up with some Egyptian math, and I found out that no matter what language the math is in, my kids still hate math! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.