Thursday, January 9, 2014

Starting the new year off on the right foot!

Another year has come and gone.  Time really does just go by so fast.  As it turns out, the majority of the year 2013 was not a lot of fun but I learned a lot and for that, I am grateful!  I have great faith that this new year will bring nothing but the best for me and my girls.

Being a single full-time mom means I need to be strong, healthy, and able to accomplish all the things that have to be done and have enough energy to do it all.

One of the first things we will do as a family for sure this year, is cut back on sugar and junk!  Being vegetarians does not guarantee always eating healthy.

I have been searching all over Pinterest, the internet, and the library for new things to try.  There is a great new book called Pandora's Lunchbox.  The book outlines how processed foods took over mealtimes.  If you eat crap, you feel like crap.  We have tried a few healthier options and swapped out some of the foods we love but made with better ingredients.  I will add more as we go.  We started with infused water.  They are delicious!


The ingredients are just water, cucumber, blueberry, and lemon.  If you cannot buy organic, clean your fresh fruits or vegetables with a mixture of half water and half vinegar.
Slice everything up and add to the water.
All done!  It tastes better if you leave it to "infuse" in the refrigerator overnight.
You can find links to more of these awesome waters below:
key ingredient
Kristie Joiner's Pinterest page
Monica Marie's Pinterest page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.