Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A few weird but true laws in Georgia.

~In Marietta, it is illegal to spit from a car or bus but you may, however, spit from a truck.

~In Quitman, Georgia, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.  I know, where the heck is Quitman, Georgia anyway?  I provided a link in case you were wondering like me.

~In Atlanta, apparently it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a streetlamp or telephone pole.  Who would tie their giraffe to a streetlamp anyway?  And no man can give or get a piggyback ride from another man in Atlanta.

~In Kennesaw, the head of household must own at least one firearm, any kind of firearm.

~Live in Acworth?  You must own one rake.

~In Columbus, Georgia, you cannot carry a chicken by its feet down Broadway on Sunday or chop off the head of a chicken on Sunday.

~In St. Mary's Georgia, you cannot spit after dark.

~In Gainesville, you must eat chicken with your hands.  (Glad we don't have to worry about that one.)

~In Cobb County at a Nickajack Elementary School, all peanut products are banned including peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

~No stores are allowed to sale cornflakes on Sunday.

~If you are in Jonesboro, never say "Oh, boy!"

~Picnics at graveyards=NO!  I guess we will never get to have lunch with a zombie.

~It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body or corpse in a funeral home or coroner's office.

~I am not sure how many of us Georgians carry around ice cream cones in our back pockets on Sunday but I am sure that we are not breaking that law.

~Have a donkey?  You are not allowed to keep him in a bathtub, go figure?

~It is illegal to tease an idiot.  (This is one is hard as there are quite a few idiots).

~And one last law from Georgia that I am actually grateful for is that all signs MUST be written in English!!!!!

So there you have it.  I think the majority of Georgians can handle these weird laws.  I myself typically do not spit in cars or out of cars or after dark, I do not carry ice cream in my back pocket, I have never tied my giraffe up to a streetlamp or put my donkey in the bathtub.  I cannot comment as to the firearm law but I do have a rake.  In general, I do not cuss out corpses or have picnics in graveyards.  I do not eat chicken with my hands or at all but I do eat PB&J with my hands.  I doubt I will ever be in Quitman to see a chicken illegally crossing the street and if I make it to Jonesboro, I will definitely not say "oh, boy!"

You can find more here.
Dumb laws of Florida
Alabama
California
That should keep you busy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.