Friday, February 8, 2013

Black history month

Black history month began as Black History week in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson and was expanded into Black History month in 1976 by the Federal Government.  It is also celebrated in Canada and the United Kingdom.  You can read more at Wiki.   You can find many free homeschooling activities here.

Take a minute to recognize some of the most valuable ideas, thoughts, accomplishments, and dreams came from some of these legendary Black Americans.


One of my all time favorites is George Washington Carver.  I can never hear enough about him.  He was such a fascinating, intelligent, amazing human being.  We should all aspire to be so great and remain so humble. 1864-1943

And I think most of you saw this coming......
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009.
Ya know I love MJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.