Saturday, February 9, 2013

What is a hero?

I guess I was called out the other night on facebook (this is why I always avoided facebook because of all the drama but I was trying to reach out and network and I have gained a lot of support but.....) for trying to be a hero for my children.  What I was trying to express was that even though I may not be pulling people from burning buildings or  rescuing someone in danger, I have always been and always will be there for my children.  There are many different definitions of the word hero.  I purposely avoided the word heroine because C13 hates the use of words that are gender specific so I just used hero as the generic term for male or female.


Anyway, here are several different definitions of a hero from Bing.


he·ro
 [ hrō ]   

  1. remarkably brave person: somebody who commits an act of remarkable bravery or who has shown an admirable quality such as great courage or strength of character
  2. somebody admired: somebody who is admired for outstanding qualities or achievement
So I guess the point I was trying to make without throwing anyone under the bus or making any accusations or going into details is that I always have been and always will be there for my children in the best way I possibly can, good times or bad.  I will help them no.matter.what.  I am not sure how this was accusatory or defaming in any way to any one but that was not my intent and through all the hard times we have been through I believe that I have done my best to protect my children from negative behaviors and try to keep them in a stable routine day to day as much as possible as hard as that has been at times.  Due to the issues on facebook the other night, much of the story has  come out, not by my doing, but nevertheless it has come out because of the ramblings of others but I will not elaborate on it in anyway because I see no reason to have my private life made public on the internet of all places so that is why I have never done such a thing.  I have never even given my children's name or photographs.

Never at any point have I used names, details, or anything that would allude to the situation at hand and at this point, I will not because I do not see any benefit in it because of my girls. They are suffering enough already.  Those who are close to me already know the horrific details of our life because I trust you and I know you have our best interest in mind and I thank you for all of your support.  

I love my kids and we are going through a hard time right now which should never have happened in the first place but here we are anyway.  I will do whatever a good parent would do to get them through it, no matter what!  Maybe I am not a "Hero" in the true sense of the word but I am here doing the best I can do for them and myself.  Like I said "Haters gonna hate" but that is not my problem.  Go ahead and hate.  I have more important things to worry about.  Things that actually matter.

Thanks for the support and everyone else can get a life!

2 comments:

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.