Monday, September 29, 2014

Relationships

Amending a thought I previously held with the highest conviction but no longer do.

I have always believed that when you are married and have children, you should stay married at least until the kids turn 18 if at all possible.  Not that divorcing parents at any age is a fun thing for a kid to go through but at least if the kids are 18, it should be a little less stressful.  Well now I am sure that staying in a bad relationship for the sake of the children is the WORST POSSIBLE THING YOU CAN DO!  I mean you can only tolerate a lying, cheating, absent spouse for so long even for the sake of the children.  Children are not stupid, they can sense what is going on even if you do not talk about it.  Staying in a bad relationship does not provide anything good for the children, in fact, you are showing them what a bad relationship looks like and showing that it is okay.  This is not the message I want to send my daughters.  They understand this very clearly, and I am grateful for that.

1 comment:

  1. This really does not help the kids. What is the point of being miserable?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for horsing around with me. You really never know what you will get when you read my blog so thanks for stopping by.